Reunion adapters - What power adapter do I need for Reunion?

Power adapters for Reunion

Varying different combinations of standards and plugs can often be confusing when planning to travel to a different country especially for the first time traveller. However this isn't as complicated as it first appears, with only a handful of different types of plug sockets being used in the world this guide shows exactly what you'll need in advance to power your electronics in Reunion. This page has links to instructions which shows how to charge your devices when visiting Reunion by using the standard 220 volt 50Hz Type E Reunionese wall outlet, the Reunionnais will use CEE 7/5 French sockets for wall outlets. You will discover that power adapters change depending on which region you are travelling to therefore we suggest reading the power adapters for a complete list of countries.

What is the best power adapter for Reunion?

The best power adapter for Reunion will be a Type E power adapter [2] which will allow you to use any 220 volt appliance or device.

What is the best power adapter for Reunion?

What is a power adapter for a Reunionese power outlet?

A power adapter for Reunion is a small and cheap plastic adapter which permits a Reunionese power outlet to accept a different type of power plug from an appliance from another country.

Also known as: an electrical adapter, plug adapter, travel adapter, electrical adaptor, mains travel adapter or power adaptor [3].

Will a power adapter convert the voltage in Reunion?

Power adapters only adapt the shape of a plug to fit into a 220 volt Reunionese power outlet and doesn't convert the power to a higher voltage. Should you need to safely use any 100-120 volt device then you will also need a step down power converter along with the correct power adapter.

Do I need a plug adapter for Reunion?

This depends on the shape of plug you want to use in Reunion.

Do I need a power adapter if I'm visiting Reunion from America?

If you are visiting from the US then you will need to bring a plug adapter for Reunion because US plugs won't fit into a Reunionese power outlet, and as the voltage is 220 volts you will also need to use a power converter for Reunion if your charger or appliance isn't dual voltage which prevents damage or overheating.

What does a power adapter for Reunion do?

A power adapter for Reunion allows visitors from a different country to use electronic and electrical devices in Reunion by adapting the shape of the power plug from one shape to another.

  1. - Reunion country page on
  2. Type E plug adapter - Allows appliances to connect to Type E power outlets without converting voltage.
  3. - power adaptor